EFFECTIVE: March 10, 2020
IMPORTANT, READ CAREFULLY : YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”) OF JOONTO VIDEO COMMUNICATIONS, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES (“JOONTO”) IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, WHICH INCLUDE YOUR AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS. PLEASE REVIEW THOROUGHLY BEFORE ACCEPTING.
BY CLICKING/CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON/BOX, ACCESSING THE JOONTO WEBSITE OR BY UTILIZING THE JOONTO SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL EXHIBITS, ORDER FORMS, AND INCORPORATED POLICIES (THE “AGREEMENT”). THE JOONTO SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Joonto will provide the Services, and you may access and use the Services, in accordance with this Agreement. If You order Services through an on-line registration page or an order form (each an “Order Form”), the Order Form may contain additional terms and conditions and information regarding the Services you are ordering. Unless otherwise expressly set forth in any such additional terms and conditions applicable to the specific Service which You choose to use, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement in relation to Your use of that Service.
System Requirements . Use of the Services requires one or more compatible devices, Internet access (fees may apply), and certain software (fees may apply), and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Because use of the Services involves hardware, software, and Internet access, Your ability to access and use the Services may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed Internet access is recommended. You acknowledge and agree that such system requirements, which may be changed from time to time, are Your responsibility.
- DEFINITIONS. The following definitions will apply in this Agreement, and any reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa. Service specific definitions are found in Exhibit A.
“Affiliate” means, with respect to a Party, any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with that Party. For purposes of this Agreement, “control” means an economic or voting interest of at least fifty percent (50%) or, in the absence of such economic or voting interest, the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and set the policies of such entity.
“End User” means a Host or Participant (as defined in Exhibit A) who uses the Services.
“Initial Subscription Term” means the initial subscription term for a Service as specified in an Order Form.
“Service Effective Date” means the date an Initial Subscription Term begins as specified in an Order Form.
“Renewal Term” means the renewal subscription term for a Service commencing after the Initial Subscription Term or another Renewal Term as specified in an Order Form.
- SERVICES. Joonto will provide the Services as described on the Order Form, and standard updates to the Services that are made generally available by Joonto during the term. Joonto may, in its sole discretion, discontinue the Services or modify the features of the Services from time to time without prior notice.
- Beta Services. Joonto may, from time to time, offer access to services that are classified as Beta version. Access to and use of Beta versions may be subject to additional agreements. Joonto makes no representations that a Beta version will ever be made generally available and reserves the right to discontinue or modify a Beta version at any time without notice. Beta versions are provided AS IS, may contain bugs, errors or other defects, and Your use of a Beta version is at Your sole risk.
- USE OF SERVICES AND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES. You may only use the Services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for Your and Your End Users’ use of the Services and shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with Your and each End User’s use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws related to recording, intellectual property, privacy and export control. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
- Registration Information. You may be required to provide information about Yourself in order to register for and/or use certain Services. You agree that any such information shall be accurate. You may also be asked to choose a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of Your user name and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
- Your Content. You agree that You are solely responsible for the content (“Content”) sent or transmitted by You or displayed or uploaded by You in using the Services and for compliance with all Laws pertaining to the Content, including, but not limited to, Laws requiring You to obtain the consent of a third party to use the Content and to provide appropriate notices of third party rights. You represent and warrant that You have the right to upload the Content to Joonto and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party. Under no circumstances will Joonto be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Services, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content. Although Joonto is not responsible for any Content, Joonto may delete any Content, at any time without notice to You, if Joonto becomes aware that it violates any provision of this Agreement, or any law. You retain copyright and any other rights You already hold in Content which You submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
- Recordings. You are responsible for compliance will all recording laws. The host can choose to record Joonto meetings and Webinars. By using the Services, you are giving Joonto consent to store recordings for any or all Joonto meetings or webinars that you join, if such recordings are stored in our systems. You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar
- Prohibited Use.You agree that You will not use, and will not permit any End User to use, the Services to: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code of the Services; (ii) knowingly or negligently use the Services in a way that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts Joonto’s networks, Your accounts, or the Services; (iii) engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading, (iv) transmit through the Services any material that may infringe the intellectual property or other rights of third parties; (v) build or benchmark a competitive product or service, or copy any features, functions or graphics of the Services; or (vi) use the Services to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation; (vii) upload or transmit any software, Content or code that does or is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of the Services in any way or which does or is intended to harm or extract information or data from other hardware, software or networks of Joonto or other users of Services; (viii) engage in any activity or use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Services, or any servers or networks connected to the Services or Joonto’s security systems. (ix) use the Services in violation of any Joonto policy or in a manner that violates applicable law, including but not limited to anti-spam, export control, privacy, and anti-terrorism laws and regulations and laws requiring the consent of subjects of audio and video recordings, and You agree that You are solely responsible for compliance with all such laws and regulations.
- Limitations on Use.You may not reproduce, resell, or distribute the Services or any reports or data generated by the Services for any purpose unless You have been specifically permitted to do so under a separate agreement with Joonto. You may not offer or enable any third parties to use the Services purchased by You, display on any website or otherwise publish the Services or any Content obtained from a Service (other than Content created by You) or otherwise generate income from the Services or use the Services for the development, production or marketing of a service or product substantially similar to the Services.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR END USERS. You are responsible for the activities of all End Users who access or use the Services through your account and you agree to ensure that any such End User will comply with the terms of this Agreement and any Joonto policies. Joonto assumes no responsibility or liability for violations. If You become aware of any violation of this Agreement in connection with use of the Services by any person, please contact Joonto at [email protected]. Joonto may investigate any complaints and violations that come to its attention and may take any (or no) action that it believes is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating accounts and/or User profiles. Under no circumstances will Joonto be liable in any way for any data or other content viewed while using the Services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content.
- ELIGIBILITY.You affirm that You are of legal age and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. Although we cannot absolutely control whether minors gain unauthorized access to the Services, access may be terminated without warning if we believe that You are underage or otherwise ineligible.
- Professional Use. You may subscribe to and use the Services for business purposes, and You agree, if You are an individual, that the Services are being purchased in a business or professional capacity.
- CHARGES AND CANCELLATION.You agree that Joonto may charge to Your credit card or other payment mechanism selected by You and approved by Joonto (“Your Account”) all amounts due and owing for the Services, including taxes and service fees, set up fees, subscription fees, or any other fee or charge associated with Your Account. Joonto may change prices at any time, including changing from a free service to a paid service and charging for Services that were previously offered free of charge; provided, however, that Joonto will provide you with prior notice and an opportunity to terminate Your Account if Joonto changes the price of a Service to which you are subscribed and will not charge you for a previously free Service unless you have been notified of the applicable fees and agreed to pay such fees. You agree that in the event Joonto is unable to collect the fees owed to Joonto for the Services through Your Account, Joonto may take any other steps it deems necessary to collect such fees from You and that You will be responsible for all costs and expenses incurred by Joonto in connection with such collection activity, including collection fees, court costs and attorneys’ fees. You further agree that Joonto may collect interest at the lesser of 1.5% per month or the highest amount permitted by law on any amounts not paid when due. You may cancel your subscription at any time. If you cancel, you will not be billed for any additional terms of service, and service will continue until the end of the current Subscription Term. If you cancel, you will not receive a refund for any service already paid for.
- TERMINATION.The Joonto website contains information on how to terminate Your Account. If you have purchased a Service for a specific term, such termination will be effective on the last day of the then-current term. Your Order Form may provide that a Renewal Term will begin automatically unless either party provides notice of termination at least thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of the next Renewal Term. If You fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement, Joonto may terminate this Agreement immediately and retain any fees previously paid by You. Sections 1 and 3 through 20, inclusive, shall survive any termination of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, You must cease any further use of the Services. If at any time You are not happy with the Services, Your sole remedy is to cease using the Services and follow this termination process.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Joonto and/or its suppliers, as applicable, retain ownership of all proprietary rights in the Services and in all trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names (“Joonto Marks”) associated or displayed with the Services. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Joonto Marks, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Joonto without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Joonto Marks without Joonto’s express written consent.
- COPYRIGHT.You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Joonto may deny access to the Services to any User who is alleged to infringe another party’s copyright. Without limiting the foregoing, if You believe that Your copyright has been infringed, please notify Joonto.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS.You acknowledge that the Services, or portion thereof may be subject to the export control laws of the United States and other applicable country export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Control and Sanctions Laws”). You and your End Users may not access, use, export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Services or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of any applicable export control or trade sanctions law or regulation. You represent and warrant that (i) You and your End Users are not citizens of, or located within, a country or territory that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including without limitation Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea) and that you and your End Users will not access or use the Services, or export, re-export, divert, or transfer the Services, in or to such countries or territories; (ii) You and your End Users are not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including without limitation the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons and Foreign Sanctions Evaders List, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Parties List, Entity List, and Unverified List, and the U.S. Department of State proliferation-related lists); and (iii) that no Content created or submitted by You or your End Users is subject to any restriction on disclosure, transfer, download, export or re-export under the Export Control Laws. You are solely responsible for complying with the Export Control Laws and monitoring them for any modifications.
- NO HIGH RISK USE. The Services are not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems. The Services shall not be used for or in any HIGH RISK environment.
- INJUNCTIVE RELIEF.You acknowledge that any use of the Services contrary to this Agreement, or any transfer, sublicensing, copying or disclosure of technical information or materials related to the Services, may cause irreparable injury to Joonto, its Affiliates, suppliers and any other party authorized by Joonto to resell, distribute, or promote the Services (“Resellers”), and under such circumstances Joonto, its Affiliates, suppliers and Resellers will be entitled to equitable relief, without posting bond or other security, including, but not limited to, preliminary and permanent injunctive relief.
- NO WARRANTIES.YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND JOONTO, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND RESELLERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. JOONTO, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND RESELLERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES, REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET ANY USER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES REMAINS WITH YOU. JOONTO DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. JOONTO CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Joonto, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, suppliers and Resellers from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees) arising from Your use of the Services, Your violation of this Agreement or the infringement or violation by You or any other user of Your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity or applicable law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL JOONTO OR ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS OR DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF JOONTO, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN ANY CASE, JOONTO’S, ITS AFFILIATES’, SUPPLIERS’ AND RESELLERS’ MAXIMUM CUMULATIVE LIABILITY AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES (IF ANY) IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIMS. Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above limitation may not apply to You.
- Agreement to Arbitrate; Waiver of Class Action. If You are located in the United States, You agree to resolve disputes only on an individual basis, through arbitration pursuant to the provisions of Exhibit B. The parties expressly waive any right to bring any action, lawsuit, or proceeding as a class or collective action, private attorney general action, or any other proceeding in which any party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity.
20.1 Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed in California by California residents. Except as provided in Exhibit B, the Parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state courts located in and serving Santa Clara County, California and the federal courts in the Northern District of California.
20.2 Waiver and Severability. Failure by either Party to exercise any of its rights under, or to enforce any provision of, this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or ability to enforce such provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be amended to achieve as nearly as possible the same economic effect of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
20.3 General Provisions. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding and agreement between the Parties respecting the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes any and all prior understandings and agreements between the Parties respecting such subject matter, except that if You or Your company have executed a separate written agreement or you have signed an order form referencing a separate agreement governing your use of the Services, then such agreement shall control to the extent that any provision of this Agreement conflicts with the terms of such agreement. Joonto may elect to change or supplement the terms of this Agreement from time to time at its sole discretion. Joonto will exercise commercially reasonable business efforts to provide notice to You of any material changes to this Agreement. Within ten (10) business days of posting changes to this Agreement (or ten (10) business days from the date of notice, if such is provided), they will be binding on You. If You do not agree with the changes, You should discontinue using the Services. If You continue using the Services after such ten-business-day period, You will be deemed to have accepted the changes to the terms of this Agreement. In order to participate in certain Services, You may be notified that You are required to download software and/or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless expressly set forth in such additional terms and conditions, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. This Agreement has been prepared in the English Language and such version shall be controlling in all respects and any non-English version of this Agreement is solely for accommodation purposes.
This Exhibit A to the Terms of Service (“TOS”) describes the Services that may be ordered on an Order Form, or provided by Joonto, and sets forth further Service-specific terms and conditions that may apply to Joonto’s provision and Customer’s use of the Services. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meanings assigned to them in the TOS.
- Definitions. For purposes of this Service Description, the following definitions will apply:
“Host” means an individual who is an identified employee, contractor, or agent to whom You assign the right to host Meetings. A Host may hold an unlimited number of Meetings, but only one Meeting at a time. A Host subscription may not be shared or used by anyone other than the individual assigned to be a Host.
“Meeting” means a Joonto Video meeting.
“Participant” means an individual, other than the Host, who accesses or uses the Services, with or without the permission and knowledge of the Host.
“Joonto Documentation” means this Exhibit, the Joonto website (www.joonto.com) and any additional description of the Services which may be incorporated into this Agreement.
“Joonto Meeting Services” means the various video conferencing, web conferencing, webinar, meeting room, screensharing and other collaborative services offered by Joonto Video that Customer may order on an Order Form.
“Joonto Phone Services” means voice connectivity services, including, but not limited to, interconnected VoIP services, provisioning of direct dial numbers, and related services offered by Joonto Voice Communications, Inc. (“Joonto Voice”) that Customer may order on an Order Form.
- Joonto Meeting Services. Joonto Meeting Services enable Hosts to schedule and start Meetings and to allow Participants to join Meetings for the purpose of collaborating using voice, video, and screensharing functionality. Every meeting will have one Host. Chat features allow for out-of-session one-on-one or group collaboration. Further features, functionality, and solutions are described at www.joonto.com.
- Joonto Phone Services. The following sets forth the further terms and conditions that apply to the Joonto Phone Services.
- Definitions: For purposes of the Joonto Phone Services, the following definitions apply:
“Device” means the device assigned to a virtual extension or individual digital line set up within an account or by Joonto at Your direction or request.
“Phone Host” means the individual assigned to a number which enables use of the Phone Service. A Phone Host is a “Host” for purposes of the definition of End User.
“Joonto Phone Calling Plan” means the pricing structure that enables Phone Hosts and End Users to access the PSTN. Calling plans may be “Metered” or “Unlimited” as defined on the Order Form.
“Joonto Phone Commitment” means the minimum monthly bundle of minutes that a Joonto Phone Metered Calling Plan Customer commits to use in connection with Joonto Phone Services.
- Telecommunications Provider. Joonto Voice is the telecommunications provider of Joonto Phone Services and sets the terms, conditions and rates for Joonto Phone Services.
3 . Description of Services. Joonto Phone Services are cloud-based phone services that use voice over internet protocol ( VoIP) to provide You with the following services and functionalities (as selected on an Order Form):
- Joonto Phone Service. Joonto Phone Service is a cloud-based phone service that allows two-way voice calling and private branch exchange (PBX) functionality, including, but not limited to, the following features: unlimited extension-to-extension calling (On Net Access), auto attendant/ interactive voice response (IVR), call routing, call queuing, music on hold, call history, caller identification (outbound and inbound), call forwarding, call transfer, and call recording.
- Public Switched Telephone Network Communications (PSTN) Access.Phone Hosts and End Users can be enabled to make and receive calls to the PSTN and be assigned a direct inward dialing phone number (DID) via a Joonto Phone Calling Plan.
- Additional Joonto Phone Services. Additional functionality such as enabling common area phones, and additional Toll Free and DID phone numbers may be purchased as described on the Order Form.
- Billing and Invoicing. Joonto will bill You on behalf of Joonto Voice based on the Charges set forth on the Order Form. Charges based on usage, or overage amounts that exceed the Joonto Phone Commitment, will be billed in arrears, the month following the month a Charge is incurred. No adjustment will be made, or credit or refund given, for usage that is less than the Joonto Phone Commitment.
- On Net Access. On Net capability will be provisioned by default for all Joonto Meeting Services. Phone Hosts may access and use On Net services at no charge for so long as the underlying license to the Joonto Meeting Service remains active.
- Taxes. You acknowledge and agree that Joonto Phone Services are subject to certain Taxes and Fees (including, but not limited to, assessments for universal service) that are not applicable to Joonto Meeting Services. Accordingly, Joonto shall invoice You for Taxes and Fees associated with the Charges.
- Reasonable Use and Right to Review.Joonto Voice offers unlimited and metered Phone Calling Plans. These plans are subject to this Joonto Voice Communications, Inc. Reasonable Use Policy. Joonto Phone Calling Plans are for normal and reasonable business use; unreasonable use is prohibited. Use of Joonto Phone may qualify as unreasonable if You (a) engage in business activities that involve continual, uninterrupted, or consistently excessive use of Joonto Phone Services, (b) make any misrepresentations to Joonto Voice that materially affect volume or type of use of Joonto Phone Services, (c) engage in fraudulent or illegal use of Joonto Phone Services, including any activity that violates telemarketing laws or regulations, or (d) use Joonto Phone Services in any manner that harms Joonto Voice’s network or facilities or interferes with the use of the service by other customers. Use that is inconsistent with the types and levels of usage by typical business customers on the same plan may be used as an indicator of abnormal or unreasonable use, including but not limited to abnormal call lengths; abnormal call frequency; abnormal call duration; abnormal calling patterns that indicate an attempt to evade enforcement of this Joonto Voice Communications, Inc. Reasonable Use Policy. Joonto Voice reserves the right to review Your use to determine if it is consistent with this Joonto Voice Communications, Inc. Reasonable Use Policy. In the event Joonto Voice determines that You may be engaging in unreasonable use, Joonto Voice will determine the appropriate remedy and will take action to remedy any unreasonable use, including, at its sole discretion, discussing the use with You, moving You to an appropriate Joonto Phone Calling Plan, terminating certain Hosts, and/or otherwise modifying, suspending or terminating Your Joonto Phone services.
- Termination of Joonto Meeting Services. Access to Joonto Phone Services requires a corresponding license to Joonto Meeting Services. In the event that the Joonto Meeting Service license is terminated, the equivalent access to Joonto Phone Services will also be terminated. At such time, You will be billed for any incurred usage charges, and will not be credited for any pre-paid amounts toward the Joonto Phone Commitment.
- Joonto Voice Policies. You acknowledge and agree that the Joonto Voice Communications, Inc. policies found at https://Joonto.com/legal apply to Your use of Joonto Phone Services.
- Joonto Emergency Calling (E911) Obligations. You acknowledge and agree that You have read and understood Joonto Voice Communications Inc.’s 911 Customer Notification, found at www.Joonto.com/legal, which sets forth specific limitations of Joonto Phone’s emergency calling capabilities and Your obligations with respect to End Users. Such obligations include, but are not limited to:
- ensuring that all Phone Hosts receive Joonto Voice’s 911 Customer Notification;
- ensuring that all assigned phone numbers are registered for emergency calling purposes through the E911 link within Your account, and that all registration information remains accurate and up to date; and
- distributing warning stickers or other appropriate labels warning End Users that emergency service may be limited or not available and instructing Phone Hosts to place such stickers on or near the Devices and other equipment used in conjunction with Joonto Phone Services.
Joonto Voice reserves the right at any time to update the Joonto Voice Communications, Inc. 911 Customer Notification as necessary to reflect changes in law or technology that affect the emergency calling capabilities of Joonto Phone Services, and any such updates shall be effective immediately upon Your receipt of notice.
- Equipment. Joonto Voice does not supply any Devices or other equipment used in connection with the Joonto Phone Services, and accordingly Joonto Phone does not provide any guarantees as to the quality or operability of such Devices and equipment when used to access Joonto Phone Services. However, Joonto Voice does test certain Devices and equipment to determine whether such Devices and equipment are supported on the Joonto Phone platform (although it has not tested all possible Devices and equipment available in the marketplace). The summary of Devices and equipment to date that Joonto Voice has determined are supported by the Joonto Phone platform may be provided on request. You should consult with Joonto Voice prior to deploying any other Devices and equipment.
- Managed Domains. Joonto may permit You to reserve domains associated with Your enterprise and to manage any accounts that are subscribed to Joonto using that domain (“Managed Domain Customer”). You may only associate to the Joonto Services domain(s) that you own or are legally entitled to associate for use with the Services. In the event that a Joonto account is created or exists on the reserved domain, but is not authorized by the Managed Domain Customer (the “Non-Managed Domain Account”), the person using or creating such Non-Managed Domain Account will be notified that the domain is reserved for the Managed Domain Customer and will be requested to change the domain associated with the Non-Managed Domain Account. If the person using or creating such Non-Managed Domain Account does not change the domain within the period specified, that person will be deemed to have consented to the Non-Managed Domain Account being added to the Managed Domain Customer and to have further consented for all data associated with the Non-Managed Domain Account to be shared with the Managed Domain Customer.
This Exhibit B to the Terms of Service (“TOS”) describes the further provisions which apply to the Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver.
- Disputes. A dispute is any controversy between You and Joonto concerning the Services, any software related to the Services, the price of the Services, Your account, Joonto’s advertising, marketing, or communications, Your purchase transaction or billing, or any term of this Agreement, under any legal theory including contract, warranty, tort, statute, or regulation, except disputes relating to the enforcement or validity of Your or Joonto’s intellectual property rights. As part of the best efforts process to resolve disputes, and prior to initiating arbitration proceedings, each party agrees to provide notice of the dispute to the other party, including a description of the dispute, what efforts have been made to resolve it, and what the disputing party is requesting as resolution, to [email protected].
- Small Claims Court Available. You may initiate an action in your local Small Claims Court if You meets the court’s requirements. However, if such a claim is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court, Joonto reserves the right to require arbitration.
- Arbitration Procedure. Disputes not resolved pursuant to Section A or B shall be resolved through arbitration. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) will conduct any arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules. For more information, see www.adr.org. Arbitration hearings will take place in the federal judicial district of Your primary business location. A single arbitrator will be appointed. The arbitrator must: (a) follow all applicable substantive Law; (b) follow applicable statutes of limitations; (c) honor valid claims of privilege; (d) issue a written decision including the reasons for the award. The arbitrator may award damages, declaratory or injunctive relief, and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees). Any arbitration award may be enforced (such as through a judgment) in any court with jurisdiction. Under AAA Rules, the arbitrator rules on his or her own jurisdiction, including the arbitrability of any claim; however, a court has exclusive authority to enforce the prohibition on arbitration on a class-wide basis or in a representative capacity .
- Arbitration Fees. If You are unable to afford the arbitration costs, Joonto will advance those costs to You, subject to the arbitrator’s determination if costs should be reimbursed to Joonto if Joonto prevails. For disputes involving more than $75,000, the AAA rules will govern payment of filing fees and the AAA’s and arbitrator’s fees and expenses.
- Conflict with AAA Rules. This Agreement governs if there is a conflict with the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules.
- Requirement to File Within One Year. Notwithstanding any other statute of limitations, a claim or dispute under this Agreement must be filed in Small Claims Court or noticed for arbitration within one year of when it could first be filed, or such claim will be permanently barred.
- Severability. If the class action waiver is found to be illegal or unenforceable as to all or some parts of a dispute, then those parts will not be arbitrated but will be resolved in court, with the balance resolved through arbitration. If any provision of this Exhibit B is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then that provision will be severed; however, the remaining provisions shall still apply and shall be interpreted to as nearly as possible achieve the original intent of this Exhibit, inclusive of the severed provision.